- When in doubt, remember that you’re a role model to kids around you. Show them as a teacher or school official, you too are supportive of the program and working to be and stay healthy.
- Work to fit a bit of information into the curriculum that promote nutrition and physical education.
- Let’s Move! suggests creating a school Health Advisory Council.
- Plant a garden at the school to promote fresh foods and teach students about how food grow.
- Join the HealthierUS Schools Challenge.
- Teach kids how they can be healthier and tell parents how parents can help.
- Take a field trip to the local farmers market.
- Work to get a salad bar and water fountains if your school doesn’t have one already.